photo sheila-menu-bar_01.png photo sheila-menu-bar_02.png photo sheila-menu-bar_03.png photo sheila-menu-bar_04.png

May 22, 2011

It has begun...

Today marks the 1st day of training. I am following the Hal Higdon novice training program. I ran my first marathon back in 2007 and followed the same program. It can be found here:

http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/novices.html


I went into my first marathon a tad bit under trained. I vow not to let that happen again.

It's hard having 3 kids and trying to find the balance. My husband is also training for the Maui Marathon so we are trying to alternate our schedules. Don't even get me started on the Florida heat....ARGH! My plan is to just get the mileage in--not to worry about my speed. I can comfortable run an 8 minute mile for runs under 5 miles. I'm going to run everything around a 10 minute mile to avoid any injury.

That's the game plan anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment