photo sheila-menu-bar_01.png photo sheila-menu-bar_02.png photo sheila-menu-bar_03.png photo sheila-menu-bar_04.png

Jan 24, 2014

Life Lessons learned in Uganda

I have learned a couple of life lessons the last couple of months while i waited in Uganda.

1. If God calls you to do something, its not hopeless or irrational until God says it is. 

2. God will always meet us where we are at and brings the right people into our lives at the perfect time.

3. The gospel through prayer changes everything.

4. I have seen true joy and happiness in faces I would have never expected to see a smile from. Circumstances do not dictate Gods peace or presence.

5. Just because everyone does it or its the way things happen does not mean it is right. God is God and He doesn't need our help. He stands for truth and justice. Period.

6. My marriage is rock solid and I have the perfect teammate even if we drive one another nuts!

7. Kids regardless of nationality have a universal language. They all need a little love. They need us and you don't have to adopt to help. Pay school fees and be a mentor.

8. God can use anyone to accomplish big things and no one may even ever know their names. Seriously y'all, Carol Adams from Youth Encouragement services need to write a book! 
Carol Adam's Y.E.S ministry 

9. I don't want to live the American dream. My inner circle of friends is small, and I don't want it any other way.

10. Life is hard and people suffer and its not fair. 
 
My prayer is for God to continue to break our hearts for what breaks His.

No comments:

Post a Comment