photo sheila-menu-bar_01.png photo sheila-menu-bar_02.png photo sheila-menu-bar_03.png photo sheila-menu-bar_04.png

Jul 30, 2012

Waiting Child

My heart is breaking tonight for a little girl that is 6 years old. When Micah and I talked about adopting we envisioned adding a little boy under the age of 5 to complete our family. It just makes sense. We have 2 girls and our youngest is a boy. We didn't want to adopt out of birth order.

Currently we are:

#5 for 0-5 healthy boy
#3 for 0-5 HIV+ boy
#4 for 0-5 healthy girl
#3 for 0-5 HIV+ girl


Then i saw her picture. Did i fall in love with her picture? Yes, but i heard God whisper in my ear she is the one. Of course, we are in a season of prayer over this. I tend to make quick decisions. Run with an idea and run FAST. Micah...not so much! God knew what He was doing when He brought us together.

So i sit and pray and allow God to break our hearts for what breaks His. In my heart of hearts, i feel that i should not wait for a child to become available when there is a little girl that desperately needs a home NOW!

What is stopping us from saying yes immediately?

1. The size of our house. We have a 3 bedroom and would have 3 girls and 1 boy. Selfish...yes, but i'm being honest.

2. Money. Unfortunately, adoption costs ALOT. It shouldn't cost this much, but it does. We need another $3000 to move forward.

3. I want to 100% know that she is my daughter. I know God's timing is perfect. I am waiting on the Lord. There's only one thing worse than waiting on the Lord—wishing you had!

No comments:

Post a Comment