photo sheila-menu-bar_01.png photo sheila-menu-bar_02.png photo sheila-menu-bar_03.png photo sheila-menu-bar_04.png

Aug 24, 2012

The God who meets us where we are!



This morning i woke up at 6:45--before the bambinos were up. 

I ate my breakfast. 

I had my quiet time. 

I woke the kids up gently and we were dressed and ready to go an hour before we had to leave. 

After all, this is what the experts say to have a successful day.  Right? 

Wrong!! 

Fast forward to 8:50 a.m. The kids were fighting and crying.  I was on the verge of tears asking God, "Why????"  

By this time, I had them buckled in the van and "forgot something" in the house (desperately needing a quiet moment to myself before I lost it with them).  Standing in my laundry room, I verbally cried (bawling my eyes) out to God, "I can't do this today."

Wiping away the tears, off to preschool with my "fake it til i make it" face on. 

The preschool director walks up to my van with the clipboard and casually asks me, "Did you read my facebook post yesterday?"   Trying not to bawl, i shake my head no.  She says, "Look up Galatians 6:9." 

 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Did God just answer my cry to him (remember laundry room) verbally through another believer??

  Can i get an Amen???

So often, i expect God to speak to me through other methods.  I read God's word.  I have a teachable spirit.  Heck, i even read parenting books, but so often i feel like i am one step behind where i should be.  

This morning, I felt like quitting.  I wanted to throw in the towel of motherhood.  Even though i long to live for Jesus, and to serve Him with everything I have, it just goes the opposite way I had hoped for more often than not.  I was discouraged and I just wished I could run away (without children).  Have you ever been there??

Then, in a random carpool line--living the mundane life--Jesus met me right where i was at.  He spoke Truth into my life through a woman that i barely know.  Jesus loves us enough to meet us where we are, no matter how broken, how worn out, or how unworthy and overwhelmed we may feel.  He is there for us whether we recognize him or not.






No comments:

Post a Comment